ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements fundraising plan including annual appeal, foundation and corporate support, and individual donors.
- Researches, analyzes, and maintains files of demographic data and other information relevant to the Coalition’s programs.
- Collaborate with communications team to develop digital fundraising strategy.
- Identify new prospects and network to build relationships with current and new donors.
- Manage fundraising and special events including program initiatives and virtual events.
- Prepares case statements, grant proposals, and follow-up reports.
- Monitors programs for compliance with funders’ requirements.
- Works with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
- Supervises two staff positions that support the fundraising and communications plan.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines
- Must maintain courteous, professional, and effective working relationships with all employees and clients of the organization.
- Performs any additional duties as deemed appropriate by the Chief Executive Officer or as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, nonprofit management, or related field.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Skilled and adept with sponsorship solicitations, creation and development.
- Proficient with Blackbaud Fundraising Software.
- Proven success in fundraising events, and also virtual event planning is helpful.
- Experience in using social media platforms.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including oral and written presentation skills and effective, active listening skills.
- Intermediate computer skills and excellent research skills required.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of adults and children with multi-cultural, multi- ethnic, or economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to relate in a positive and effective manner to funders and the public at large.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with community resources and stakeholders.
- Position requires travel in the local area. Must have a reliable vehicle, requires maintaining a valid Florida State drivers’ license with a satisfactory driving record, and has coverage under any applicable agency insurance.
- Ability and willingness to participate in ongoing professional development activities to keep current on new developments in the field and to enhance skills already maintained.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires safely lifting or moving up to 25 lbs on an occasional basis, for example movement of materials or books.
- Regular requirement to stand or sit with some walking, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
- Temporary telecommuting and telework with a designated remote workspace may be required as part of the Literacy Coalition's Telecommuting plan.
Telephone, fax, copy machine and computer.
Commensurate with experience.
Continued employment is dependent on availability of funding resources.
The Literacy Coalition does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Employee Policy and Procedure Manual. The Literacy Coalition will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.